Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Version of "Greens"

My oldest time friend Elizabeth recently came for a visit.  As we sat across from each other with coffee in hand and reminisced about the 26 years we've known each other, she suddenly laughed and leaned over to tell my husband one of her favorite stories from our childhood.  She quoted me saying, "Green m&ms are the only green food I'll ever like!"  As we threw our heads back in laughter, I realized this mentality has colored my eating habits for years.  When I flip through cookbooks, the first section I turn to is the dessert section.  My grocery cart rarely rolls through the produce section without a grimace on my face. 

This is my worst nightmare!


This is my idea of eating fruit!



I absolutely can not stand the diets that force me to cut out food items that I enjoy.  I feel that this only instills in me a need to binge on the item I had to cut out.  Instead, I am attempting to make one small lifestyle change at a time.  My motive here is that I will eventually replace my bad habits with better choices, gradually, without shocking my body and riding the diet wave.  

My hope is to inspire each of you to join me in making lifestyle changes that will help each of us to replace the bad habits that we have formed over the years.  Here's to bettering our lives, one day at a time!

Cheers!
Mrs. Sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment